Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Inspiration hunt: What Inspires You?

Inspiration is all around if we slow down long enough to notice it.

These messages of inspiration bring us up instead of tear us down. They inspire us to do good, feel good, dream big, and make a difference. It's just a matter of what we choose to put our attention on.

Inspiration comes in different forms for everyone (so please don't judge). Some things that make up my Inspiration collection are listed below followed by tips to help you organize yours. By the way, I was not paid to promote any of these.

I highlighted a few in each category.





Quotes:
Photo Credit
 "And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to
    achieve it." -Alchemist

 "It's not the critic who counts..." -Theodore Roosevelt

Movies: There are soooo many choices. But as an athlete all my life, Rudy still tugs on my heartstrings. How can you not get choke up when he's carried off the field?

Blogs: I have been a HUGE fans of blogs lately so this was difficult. Right now, The Middle Finger Project (business blog), Hands Free Mama (mom blog), 100 Days of Real Food are my favorites. There are many more...

Books: My favorite book right now is Daring Greatly by Brene' Brown. Check out her blog too!

Music: I love music, so this was a tough one. But right now, at this moment, Even if it Breaks Your Heart (Eli Young Band) and Hope Now (Addison Road) are at the top of my list.

Entrepreneur Role Models: I am so inspired by my friends and family who are out there working hard to live the life of their dreams.

Photos: Like the one above.

Besides nature and my children, these are some of the sources of inspiration that keep me motivated and positive, especially when things get tough.

Are you ready for your inspiration hunt?

Three Quick Tips for Finding Your Inspiration

1. First, take a moment and set your intention to notice and be conscious of what inspires you and where to find it. Think about what really interests you, makes your heart beat a little faster, moves you so much it brings you to the verge of tears, or makes you feel that you can rule the world? Remember, to also notice those quieter inspirations. The ones that provide a simple knowing that "all is well... and carry on."

2. Now that you've set your intention, plan your inspiration hunt. Think of all the places you have found or may find inspiration like nature, your family, Facebook, magazines, e-mail, websites, and old photo albums. The news might even be an option for you if you watch it. Set an inspiration goal for yourself. Maybe, five today is a good goal for you. Be realistic and keep it fun.  This is something that can be done over several days or longer even.

3. Go out there and do it.  Have your camera (or phone) ready and take pictures of things that interest you or potentially inspire you. Print pictures or write down quotes from the Internet (Facebook does have some pretty great quotes if you know where to find them). Don't be picky! Whatever grabs your attention in a positive way and seems like it might inspire you is great. This is just the collection part. When you organize your inspirations (next post) you can be more selective. The best part about the hunt is that it doesn't have to be completed all at once. Like with gratitude, think about how positive effects of setting your intention each day to notice all those wonderfully inspiring things.

Later today, I will go into further detail on great ways to organize your inspirations. You don't want to miss it!

So now it's your turn. 

1. What inspires you the most? 
2. Where do you find your inspiration?

Click below to comment because we'd love to know.

In Wellness,



Wellness is made of the small choices we make everyday. What have you done today to embrace wellness?

Are you a wellness procrastinator who is ready to Embrace Wellness Now? I am here to help and support you in reaching your goals.

Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter to receive more wellness tips, tricks and information. I promise I won't bombard you and the information will be worth it! Just click the newsletter button on the right side of the screen. Hope to hear from you soon!

Photo Credit: photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinksherbet/5075477519/">Pink Sherbet Photography</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a>


Content copyright 2013. Embrace Wellness Now. All rights reserved.
       

4 comments:

Charlotte Henley Babb said...

Having a deadline inspires me. That means I have a project and it will be published.

So I have to set deadlines for myself.

The Ultimate Blog challenge is helping me find the next topic and the next, as well as helping with the discipline to write on the work in progress.

Thanks for a great insight.

Anonymous said...

Awewsome post! I agree that you need to learn to be open to what can and does inspire you. I am inspired by many things everyday. I carry my camera around for that very reason. Sometimes when things appear in front of me like magic, and light a spark for action the camera is also handy to document. I rely on gaining inspiration everyday because I am an artist and I need what gives me visual prompts.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post! Inspiration is like food, we need it every day and the better quality, the better we feel and the more we have the energy to accomplish. One of my favorite sources of inspiration is TEDtalks. Talks on business as well as world change, education and life in general. This is one of my favorites is Caroline Casey - Looking past limits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyBk55G7Keo

Amy said...

Thanks to all for reading and for your great thoughts! Can't wait to check out the video!